Electric co-ops are community-focused organizations that deliver safe, reliable and affordable energy to our consumer-members. Co-ops are unique because we belong to the community we serve, giving us better insight into our consumer-members' needs.
It takes a variety of skills to develop new technologies and infrastructure, keep the electric grid secure and power the lives and economy of our local community. We’re looking for individuals to lead the charge in meeting our community’s energy needs and helping to create a brighter future for all.
Below are current job opportunities:
Rosebud Electric is accepting applications to fill an Accountant/IT position. Primary duties include: Accounts Payable, Depreciation, Payroll, Vehicle Expenses, Month End Reporting and Reconciliations. The person in this position will maintain digital maps for PCs and Ipads and must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Computers. They will also be responsible for maintaining and replacing computers, servers and printers, as well as maintaining networking responsibilities.
The candidate must be self-motivated and organized and possess excellent problem solving and be detail oriented. On-the-job training will be provided as well as professional training in workshops and courses designed to enable the applicant selected to fulfill the duties as described.
The minimum of a two-year associate’s degree in computer science and/or accounting degree is required. Experience equivalent to education may be considered. Resumes may be e-mailed to Klmikk@gwtc.net or malled to: Rosebud Electric Cooperative Inc.; Attn: Manager Kevin Mikkelsen; PO Box 439; Gregory, SD 57533.
West Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for an accountant. This position is responsible for performing functions relating to general accounting functions, accounts payable, capital credits, transportation, material, purchase orders, collections, month-end functions, and reconciliations, to name a few. Candidate must have excellent customer service and communications skills to help our members with billing questions and our vendors with inquiries. Being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is a requirement. An ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field. An associate degree in any of the above fields and or work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree will be considered. Applications are available the West Central Electric office or online at www.wce.coop. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and completed West Central Electric application form to Jill Rankin, Office Manager, West Central Electric, PO Box 17, Murdo SD 57559 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications accepted until position is filled. West Central Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
The board of directors for Traverse Electric Cooperative invites applications for the position of General Manager. This executive leadership role works collaboratively with the board of directors and staff to develop and lead the strategic vision for the cooperative. The successful candidate will have the ability to take a broad scale, long-term planning approach to understand the opportunities and challenges facing the cooperative while focusing on the needs of the member-owners.
Candidates should have a broad knowledge of utility operations and have proven leadership, communication, management, and technological skills necessary to lead the cooperative. A strong commitment to serving the member-owners and the ability to work effectively with the nine-member elected board of directors, while providing positive leadership to the employees is required. Cooperative experience and demonstrated commitment to the cooperative values is preferred.
- Knowledge of electric utility operations with a degree in an appropriate field of study is required.
- Ten plus years’ experience in the electric utility industry with at least four years of progressively responsible positions with an electric cooperative is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience in a leadership/supervisory role is a plus.
- Ability to engage the board of directors, workforce, member-owners, and others in developing relationships and carrying out strategic initiatives.
- Ability to foster a workplace culture that focuses on and embraces operational agility.
- Proven leader who works inclusively and communicates effectively.
Traverse Electric offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and an excellent benefits package including a retirement pension plan offered through the NRECA. The General Manager is expected to reside within the cooperative’s service territory and relocation assistance is part of the compensation offering.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to email@example.com. Applications accepted through Dec. 2, 2022. Initial screenings to occur in the first two weeks of December and final interviews expected in mid-January.
Seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Manager of Finance and Administration. This position will report to the CEO/General Manager and offers a great opportunity for professional growth for a highly motivated individual. The position is responsible for the overall finances of the Cooperative. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: financial reporting; financial forecasting and planning; annual budgeting; loan applications; working with Rural Utility Services (RUS) and Cooperative Finance Cooperative (CFC) and external auditors.
The position is in charge of accounting, billing, credit/collections, human resources, NISC and office administration personnel. Experience should include: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, advanced degree or CPA preferred, seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The successful applicant must be self-motivated, dependable, have a high degree of integrity, and possess strong leadership capabilities.
Agralite Electric Cooperative is an electric cooperative that serves over 5,300 residential, commercial, and industrial member consumers in West Central Minnesota. The cooperative offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, an excellent benefits program and a challenging work environment. Headquarters for the cooperative are in Benson, MN, located in west central Minnesota. Visit our web site at www.agralite.coop.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Applications should send a cover letter, confidential resume and three professional references to: Agralite@agralite.com or mail to Jenny Stryhn, Agralite Electric Cooperative, 320 E. Hwy. 12, P.O. Box 228, Benson, MN 56215.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative (ILEC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lineworker at our Alta, IA Service Center. Position objective is as follows:
- To perform construction, operation and maintenance activities necessary to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Cooperative’s overhead and underground distribution system
- Position Responsibilities are as follows:
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of basic electricity
- Must be able to safely install, change, transfer, move and remove any and all forms of electrical equipment, material and accessories utilized in the construction, maintenance and operation of all overhead and underground electric distribution facilities
- Must have an understanding of the installation of transformers, wiring of transformer banks, regulators capacitors, meters, switching, sectionalizing and other complicated equipment
- Must be able to perform “hotline” work in a safe manner
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating all types of equipment associated with the work being performed
- Must be able to properly read and interpret staking sheets
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe operation of the rural distribution system including patrolling lines, inspecting poles, switching, troubleshooting and outage response
- Will participate in the after-hours on call rotation for outage response
- Must have an understanding of RUS line construction specifications, National Electric Safety Code and rural electric operating methods and procedures.
- Must be constantly aware of all hazards and observe all safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent required. A Power Line Technical Degree or related training program is required. Three to four years of line work experience or Journeyman lineworker status is preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa (“Class A” CDL) driver’s license. The position is subject to relocation. A pre-employment drug test is required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. This position requires the ability to effectively, read and understand technical drawings and specifications, complete routine reports and have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, member-owners, vendors and the public. Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience. ILEC offers a strong benefits package including IAEC and NRECA retirement and insurance programs.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until Nov. 28, 2022.